Monday, March 5, 2012

What's your passion? Make a video on it!

Spring in Scrollwork's Garden


Try our video maker at Animoto.

I just discovered video production using Animoto via a fellow etsian. I've been wanting to create a promotional video of my upcycled handmade clothing and home decor. I was intimidated by the editing process and selection of accompanying music on YouTube. But Animoto is like video production for dummies. They have an array of templates, and all 30-second videos are free! This might be my new addiction. I've always said I don't have time for Twitter and Pinterest, but this one's productive!

For my first experiment, I created a quick glance through my garden with photos from my Flickr account. I could see this medium as an animated, customized birthday card. It could be a mini digital scrapbook of a milestone in your wee one's life. What would you create a video on?

2 comments:

  1. Ugh! I so wish you wouldn't have told me about this. Sigh. Guess I'll have to check it out. I've actually been looking for a video maker that anyone could figure out.
    On the up side, can't wait to see some of your videos of your crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knowledge is responsibility, eh? And misery loves company! But seriously, Donna, if I can do it, anyone can. I think tying a shoelace is more difficult than this.

    ReplyDelete